Those who know me that I love recipes that are easy and delicious. I also love setting up dinner earlier in the day- when I actually feel like cooking- instead of the end of the day when I’m tired and I just feel like eating. But not cooking.
So I’m a big fan of crock pot recipes! 🙂 What’s better than coming home after a long day at work, walking in the house and smelling the delicious scent of dinner ALREADY COOKED?
Here’s an simple but super recipe for crock pot scalloped potatoes in the crock pot. If you’re not a fan of cheese- and lots of it- don’t make this recipe. One thing I don’t like about a lot of the scalloped potato recipes I come across is they don’t have enough cheese.
This recipe does not have that problem.
- 6 potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream.
- Layer potatoes, mushrooms, and bacon in crock pot.
- Layer sour cream / cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Layer evenly until all ingredients are used.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
Cook on high for 4 hours.