Hey guys! Can you believe it’s already December?!? This year has flown right by! And since we’re so close to Christmas and therefore super busy, I thought I’d give you a project that you can create in no-time flat! This wine barrel ring Christmas wreath took me maybe a half an hour to put together, and that was with me stopping to take pictures of the process to post here.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Wine barrel ring
- Burlap ribbon
- Ribbon in silver and gold (wire ribbon works the best)
- Pine cones
- Jute Twine
- Ornaments (optional; I decided not to use them)
- Hot glue and glue gun
1. Glue a strand of jute twine on top of each pine cone (I didn’t get a pic of this step). Be generous with the hot glue unless you want to hear pine cones hitting your floor at 2 in the morning (I had this happen with another project using pine cones and I didn’t use enough hot glue to hold them).
2. Tie bows for the top of the pine cones. I suck at tying bows, but I found this easy method to help people like me who are bow tying challenged:
a. Fold the bow into the “cause” shape pictured below:
b. Take the top of the ribbon and fold it down over where the two ends cross:
c. Scrunch everything together in the middle:
d. Tie the middle together with jute twine or another piece of bow. Shape the bow until it looks pretty:
3. Tie or hot glue the bows to the tops of the pine cones. Tie the pine cones onto the wine barrel ring (the ornaments too if you’re going to use them) lay them out on the table, and adjust them to your liking.
4. Tie a pretty bow using the burlap and Christmas ribbon (I used the same method I outlined above) and tie it on top of the wine barrel wreath over the pine cones. Use another stand of jute twine to hang the wreath.
I just love it on my old door in my living room!
As you’ve probably figured out already, this wreath probably wouldn’t be the greatest on a door that is being used as it would bang against and scratch the door. This is best suited for a “decor only” door like I used it on or on a wall.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to make a wine barrel ring Christmas wreath! If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comments section below!