Hey guys! I hope you had an awesome week!
Yesterday we felt an earthquake that hit at 3:49pm PST on Thursday. The epicenter was south of Lake Tahoe on the east side of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, near the town of Walker with a magnitude of 5.9. It lasted about 30 seconds and swung the chandeliers and moved the doors around inside our house. I was on our second story so I could really feel the back and forth swaying during the quake.
People that aren’t from California ask me if I get scared during an earthquake, and the answer is no. Although we’ve felt quite a few earthquakes in this area through the years, none of them have ever been strong enough to do any damage. We’re not near any major fault lines so the chances of having a dangerous earthquake here is very slim, so when they happen here they are more of a novelty than anything else. I don’t mean to make light of earthquakes in general as when they hit in certain areas and are strong enough they can cause a lot of damage and take lives. But when they happen here we will stop whatever we’re doing to experience it, and then once it’s over we’ll shrug our shoulders and go one with whatever we were doing.
In other news, we’re gearing up for another hot weekend here in Central California with highs hitting 110 degrees. Temps that high are not uncommon for our summers but it does seem like it’s been a hotter summer than usual.
Today I took part in the Thrifty Style Team, which is a group of talented ladies who get together once a month to bring you thrifty DIY projects and decor inspiration that won’t break the bank! Thrifty Style Team is hosted by my awesome and talented friend Julie at Redhead Can Decorate!
My contribution to this month’s Thrifty Style Team is how to use real flowers in hanging baskets. I hope you’ll check it out along with the rest of the great ideas for how to decorate and style on a budget from the rest of the talented ladies of the Thrifty Style Team!
The Painted Hinge ~ Your Farmhouse Friday Hosts ~ County Road 407
This Week’s Features:
Link Party Guidelines:
- Your style does not have to be farmhouse nor do you have to live in a farmhouse to link up. We just want to see linkups that would fit in with the farmhouse lifestyle, including:
- Home DIY and Decor
- It doesn’t matter how old your posts are, but please link up your posts here only once.
- We don’t require you to link back to this party, but if you do, we would really appreciate it!
- We also don’t require you to visit or comment on other blogger’s linkups, but it’s always a nice way to share the bloggy love!
- By linking up, you will get a chance to be featured here at next week’s party and across our social media, including our Farmhouse Friday features board on Pinterest! If you pin anything from the party, please pin it from the original source.
- By linking up to this party, you permit us to share your posts and pictures via social media and as features, roundups, etc. with a link back to your post or a link back to this party on the week your post was featured.
Thanks so much for joining us at Farmhouse Friday and have yourself a wonderful weekend!