Hey friends! I hope you had a wonderful week!
I’m including this reminder for those who may not have joined us last week that we have expanded the party focus to include the following topics. Your style does not have to be farmhouse nor do you have to live in a farmhouse to link up. We just want to see linkups that would fit in with the farmhouse “lifestyle”, including:
- Home DIY and Decor
We hope these changes will make it easier for you to link up all your awesome blog posts each week!
I didn’t get much done in the way of blog work this week because I had a bunch of unexpected programming work from bloggers who were having issues with their blogs. The extra work is always welcome, especially now that my hubs who is a general contractor just found out that he is going to be laid off from his construction job because work is slow right now. Getting laid off every now and again is typical and expected in the construction industry and we do put money aside to insure we will be okay when it happens. However, when he does get laid off it’s always nice to have some extra money coming in 🙂
I just realized while I was writing this that I never mentioned here that I do programming work on the side for other bloggers. I don’t advertise my services and all the work I get is through word of mouth. I used to work in IT and I had 15 years programming experience before leaving my last “real” job in 2012. I planned to go into consulting and started a blog in 2013 to learn about WordPress and it’s backend technologies. The best way to learn new technologies is to actually use them, and that was the motivation behind starting this blog. I ended up liking blogging so much that I decided to keep blogging instead of consulting. And since I handle all the programming behind my blog, I can help other bloggers when they are in need of programming work or are having issues with their blogs. So if you happen to be in the market for a blog tech guru, please feel free to hit me up 🙂
The Painted Hinge ~ Your Farmhouse Friday Hosts ~ County Road 407
This Week’s Features:
Link Party Guidelines:
- Your style does not have to be farmhouse nor do you have to live in a farmhouse to link up. We just want to see linkups that would fit in with the farmhouse “lifestyle”, including:
- Home DIY and Decor
- It doesn’t matter how old your posts are, but please link up your posts here only once.
- We don’t require you to link back to this party, but if you do, we would really appreciate it!
- We also don’t require you to visit or comment on other blogger’s linkups, but it’s always a nice way to share the bloggy love!
- By linking up, you will get a chance to be featured here at next week’s party and across our social media, including our Farmhouse Friday features board on Pinterest! If you pin anything from the party, please pin it from the original source.
- By linking up to this party, you permit us to share your posts and pictures via social media and as features, roundups, etc. with a link back to your post or a link back to this party on the week your post was featured.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!