Hey guys! I hope you had an awesome week!
Today I took part in the Thrifty Style Team, which is a group of talented ladies who get together once a month to bring you thrifty DIY projects and decor inspiration that won’t break the bank! Thrifty Style Team is hosted by my awesome and talented friend Julie at Redhead Can Decorate!
This month our theme is thrifty patriotic home decorating ideas!
My contribution to the thrifty patriotic decorating ideas is my patriotic centerpiece using thrifted finds.
For you guys that have followed my health drama over the past couple of weeks, I’m happy to report I’m feeling much better this week! My hip is still sore and it’s still hard to walk on it, but at least I can walk on it now instead of limping around like the hunchback of Notre Dame! Last week I told you that I suspect that it may be my statin (cholesterol) medication that was the culprit, but I stopped taking them a week ago and I’m still hurting. I’m not quite ready to rule them out, but it’s becoming more likely that I somehow just twisted the wrong way and paid the price. Just one of the many joys of getting older! 🤮
I also had my very first root canal this week! Yay! 🤪 I’ve heard all the horror stories about root canals, but I have to say that other than my dentist hammering and drilling in my mouth for over an hour it really wasn’t that bad. My main worry was that I was going to be in a lot of pain afterward and be laid up for a couple of days. The dentist was all “Now take ibuprofen before the novocaine wears off!” but I didn’t because I like to live on the edge like that. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I wasn’t in any pain unless I tried to chew on the side I got the root canal. In the past I’ve always bounced back from surgeries with little to no pain, but I’m not exactly a spring chicken anymore and it’s been quite a few years since I’ve had surgery so I didn’t know if that was still going to hold true. Thankfully it does! So hopefully that means no more whining about my heath here for a while 🙂
The Painted Hinge ~ Your Farmhouse Friday Hosts ~ County Road 407
This Week’s Features:
Link Party Guidelines:
- Your style does not have to be farmhouse nor do you have to live in a farmhouse to link up. We just want to see linkups that would fit in with the farmhouse lifestyle, including:
- Home DIY and Decor
- It doesn’t matter how old your posts are, but please link up your posts here only once.
- We don’t require you to link back to this party, but if you do, we would really appreciate it!
- We also don’t require you to visit or comment on other blogger’s linkups, but it’s always a nice way to share the bloggy love!
- By linking up, you will get a chance to be featured here at next week’s party and across our social media, including our Farmhouse Friday features board on Pinterest! If you pin anything from the party, please pin it from the original source.
- By linking up to this party, you permit us to share your posts and pictures via social media and as features, roundups, etc. with a link back to your post or a link back to this party on the week your post was featured.
Thanks so much for joining us at Farmhouse Friday and have a fantastic weekend!